Hmong, Thai, Indian, Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Hip-Hop and more!
Over the course of the year the students will learn many styles/genres of dance including: Hmong, Thai, Indian, Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Hip-Hop and more!
“The students like to do the Hmong dancing the best, but a lot of them do enjoy hip-hop as well. They are especially surprised that it takes a lot of hard work to synchronize the dance moves.” stated Ms. Hayes.
- World Culture Day Festival
- HCPA Annual Talent Show
- National Service Learning Conference in Mpls
What they learn:
- Determination–sense of never giving up
- A sense of responsibility
- Importance of belonging to a group
- Expression of themselves through movement
“The great thing about this club is that it lets the students keep in touch with their Hmong heritage and traditions, while learning new styles of dance. The parents really like that.” Ms. Hughes Teacher and Hmong/Modern Dance Instructor